Replacement for Sennheiser IE80
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iOnlyEatMusic

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone. Had the IE8 in 2012 then I upgraded to the IE80 last Feb and just last week I unfortunately lost them during a night out. 

Pretty bummed about it and right now I'm not too keen on spending so much on another IE80. I can grab a brand new one for $250 but not sure if I should. 

I was hoping you guys can give me some recommendations on a cheaper alternative. I mostly listen to Rock, Hip-Hop and Acoustic. I love the audio quality of the IE80 and isolation is a key thing. I've been using the standard Apple Earphones that came with my iPhone 5 since I've lost the IE80s and while the AQ isn't the worse thing on earth, I can't stand the non-isolation. 

Looking for a solid earphone that doesn't break the $200 price point. Don't need anything crazy. I just use them to listen to music from my iPhone but this is something I do every day when I travel around. 

Monster currently has reburb Monster Pro Gold for $125 which looks pretty tempting but would like to hear some recommendations. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 2

Pretty bummed about it and right now I'm not too keen on spending so much on another IE80. I can grab a brand new one for $250 but not sure if I should.

If you can get a brand new IE 80 for $250 I would take it (the retail price is $400) but if you can't stretch to that and you loved the IE 80 so much why not try it's younger brother, the IE 60. The sonic signature is very similar and it provides similar (if not quite the same) noise isolation (up to 20db as oppose to 26db of the IE 80). It lacks the bass tuning and is not quite at the same level sound quality-wise, but then it is half the price (half the retail price anyway).

Where can you get the IE 80's for $250?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back