Replacement for Q-Jays
Feb 25, 2010 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nremondelli

New Head-Fier
My puppy chewed up my Q-Jays and now I'm in the market for a replacement. My price range is less than 200$ and I listen to a range of music from punk to Radiohead to Jazz and will almost always use them with my iPhone. I'm thinking about Super.fi 5's or HF2s but don't know how they compare to the Jays. Any recommendations?

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply. I've narrowed it down to your recommendation of the UE700, the Triplefi 10s for the same price or ER4Ps or HF5s.

Not sure which one. Would like something with good separation/soundstage plus a nice frequency balance.

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nremondelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply. I've narrowed it down to your recommendation of the UE700, the Triplefi 10s for the same price or ER4Ps or HF5s.

Not sure which one. Would like something with good separation/soundstage plus a nice frequency balance.

The TF10's sound great but will seem absolutely enormous compared to the Q-jays, so be forewarned!
confused_face.gif

The HF5's are wonderful - crystal clear and detailed. But for me, the bass was just too weak. So I moved on.

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm extremely happy with my UE700's but I'm not familiar with many earbuds like some folks here. I do have Super Fi 5's as well and the comfort level is nowhere near the UE700's. I've got to believe the TF10's would be the same as the SF 5's comfort-wise.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got to believe the TF10's would be the same as the SF 5's comfort-wise.

The TF10's are significantly larger than the SF5's. The 5's fit me great, the 10's wouldn't stay in my ears with ANY tip. Huge difference for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back