Replacement for Phonak PFE
Mar 9, 2019 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neil27

100+ Head-Fier
My Phonak PFE 122 finally gave up on me after many years. I loved the clarity of sound from the BA drivers and am looking for a similar IEM that won't break the bank.

Any recommendations?

Mar 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 7
Budget? What did you like about your PFE? Not like?

I'm in the UK, Wouldn't want to spend much over £150

I liked the clarity, low amounts of distortion and very good comfort. I generally like a flater signature and mostly used the grey filters with the PFE

If I could improve one thing about the PFEs it would be to up the amount of sub bass slightly..

I have been considering Westones, as Law87^ recommends. But have just been reading about Nuforce HEMs, and they sound like they would be worth considering.

Can anyone chime in on HEM(2,4,6) vs PFE?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 7
IT01 are quite comfy and sound outstanding, but have a bit of a v shape. FWIW. In your price range, or should be.

Thanks for the suggestion, from reviews and past experience I feel I am after an Armature driver as I prefer detail and resolution over warmth. Do you think the IT01 can compete in this respect?

I am on the fence about buying a Nuforce HEM4 on sale for £120.

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the suggestion, from reviews and past experience I feel I am after an Armature driver as I prefer detail and resolution over warmth. Do you think the IT01 can compete in this respect?

I am on the fence about buying a Nuforce HEM4 on sale for £120.
The IT01 is quite detailed, but its overall sig is that of a DD, through and through. Lots of powerful bass. Sounds to me like you would be best off with a BA IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back