replacement for Onkyo DP-X1?
Oct 28, 2021 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mercedessl1970

New Head-Fier
Hello - a long time lurker here so apologies for the lack of posts on my part. I am seeking recommendations for a replacement for my Onkyo DP-X1.

I have been very happy with the DP-X1 and it has met all my needs. Unfortunately, the battery life has dropped significantly. I've ordered a replacement battery but in case my skills are not up to the task I am looking for advice.

One suggestion I've had is the HiBy R5 Saber which seems like a well specified model at a very good price. It receives favourable reviews too. So, happy for any other suggestions but under say US$500 (AU$700) and hopefully for similar sound output as the DP-X1.

Oh yes, I generally play Flac files and use the DP-X1 with a Sony PHA-3 or a Burson Soloist MK2, or through a larger stereo system.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 28, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 3
I remember always wanted that DAP but I went for the Opus #1s, todays option are a huge improve over the old DAPs.

iBasso DX160 will be a good option in terms of sound, lack a bit in the interface and the processor but coming from the Onkyo is a step up in my opinion.

If you can stretch a bit more your budget I will go for the Fiio M11 plus ($749) and have an all-around great DAP with a great performance and awesome sound, THX & AK4497 in a beautiful device.

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 3
I remember always wanted that DAP but I went for the Opus #1s, todays option are a huge improve over the old DAPs.

iBasso DX160 will be a good option in terms of sound, lack a bit in the interface and the processor but coming from the Onkyo is a step up in my opinion.

If you can stretch a bit more your budget I will go for the Fiio M11 plus ($749) and have an all-around great DAP with a great performance and awesome sound, THX & AK4497 in a beautiful device.
Thank you. That's terrific - I'll do some reading about the iBasso and the Fiio.

Cheers Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back