1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement for Nuforce NE-6

1. m0rn
    So a little over a year my NE-6 has crapped out on me (2nd pair after warranty replacement), I purchased the Brainwavz M4s as a replacement but I didn't like their sound what so ever. Granted I'm no expert but the bass sounded too boomy and the highs and mids sounded like they were projected in a tin can. But after having them for a week the right side started going so I returned it to Amazon.

I'm looking to spend $65 max, but I love the sound of the NE-6s and I was wondering if anyone give any recommendations to something similar in sound. I'm sort of reluctant on getting another pair of Nuforces (even though I love the sound) since I've had 2 headphones crap out on me already and a few Amazon reviews on the NE-700x seem to suggest their build quality is kind of iffy, but their customer service is great to deal with. I listen to mostly Jazz and Hip Hop and a bit of everything else once in a while.

Here are a few I've been looking at:

Klipsch S4
    Nuforce 700x
    Sennheiser CX-500
    Audio-Technica ANC23

Thanks for any help!