Replacement for Koss KSC75 headphones
Oct 6, 2021 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shoegazer72

New Head-Fier
For the past several years I've been using Koss KSC75 headphones to fill my need for a set of portable headphones to use with my FIIO music player or my mobile phone.

I have always liked the comfort and sound quality of the KSC75's, but I've become increasingly disenchanted with their disadvantages which (in my experience) include:

1. Poor durability. Specifically, the cables fray and separate near the input plug after about 6-8 months. I think most users of the KSC75's experience this sooner or later. Yes the KSC75's are inexpensive, and yes you can recoup about 1/2 the money if you are willing to work with Koss to secure a replacement under their guarantee program - but it's a hassle and you don't recoup the full cost of the headphones.
  2. The fractionally-shorter-than-normal input plug. It's too short to fully plug into my phone's 1/8" jack with most cases I've tried.
So my question is - what would people recommend for open back portable headphones (I don't want full isolation from my environment for safety reasons) for a $60 budget that addresses these two problems?

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 2
Creative Jam V2. Wireless would not have any plug issues and cable fraying. I'm assuming your mobile and FiiO are USB C out? If so you can use cable as well and of course any cable issues come you just replace it if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back