Replacement for Fidelio X2 (Budget $500)
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

octanitrocubane

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My pair of Fidelio X2 have unfortunately started to break (ear cushions are falling to pieces, glued stuck as far as I can tell and thus can't easily be replaced), and therefore I figure this might be a good opportunity for me to upgrade a bit.

I've been very happy with the fit and sound from the X2, should I simply go for a pair of X2HR, or is there a reasonable upgrade within the $500 range?

I'm using the Fiio K3 AMP/DAC.

They will primarily be used for gaming (competitive FPS), but will also be used for music (EDM) and general entertainment. I'm partial to a punchy (tight) base, but I like the natural sound from open headphones usually. My head is about average size.

Thank you for recommendations.

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 4
I think the Massdrop Sennheiser 58X is a definite upgrade, and it's less than 200 bucks.
Thanks for the recommendation, but based on reviews it's quite creaky in terms of construction, and quite tight on the head. I would rather spend a bit more and get something with a more solid and comfy build, anything you can recommend for that?

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the recommendation, but based on reviews it's quite creaky in terms of construction, and quite tight on the head. I would rather spend a bit more and get something with a more solid and comfy build, anything you can recommend for that?
It's just the standard 600 series build. It's actually one of the most comfy headphones I've had, and it loosens pretty easily. It's the only Sennheiser that might satisfy bass wise. You would probably have to look into planar magnetics outside of the Senns. There are quite a few floating around the 500 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back