Replacement for dying Brainwavz M4 IEM
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Elna

New Head-Fier
HI folks,

At first, sorry for my bad english, I've not been practising for a few years and therefore it could appear a little bit rusty.

My old brainwavz M4 are somehow at te end of their life (I have the 'mic' version, with poor cable quality, and there is a growing cut just under the left phone), so I need some help to find replacement earphones (I am a newbee in this domain, and a bit lost to be honest).

Generally, I use my IEM with FLAC files on my phone (Meizu MX4), or sometimes handmade OGG with an old Meizu M6 payer when running. A mic would be a bonus, but not a requirement.

I easily recognize the M4 are not perfect IEMs, but (except for the cable) they are well-built (they are often in the bottom of a bag, without lots of consideration), and to me they sound rather clean and detailed, with a fairly good separation, an average soundstage and all in all, they are 'easy' with every kind of music I'm listening to (all kinds of rock, some pop, a little bit of jazz,...).

So, if there are any good  IEMs with this philosophy, and for $60 max, it's ok for me, but please I don't want more bassy IEMs, these ones are around my limit.

Thanks

Edit: would the Xiaomi Pistons 3 fit my needs?

I remember I tested the P1 during a few minutes, a long time ago, and they were too bassy / boomy for me, but the P3 seem better on this point.
But I have some doubts about the strengthness (cable, plastic housing), and a little fear about getting fake ones.
Are these points OK?

Or is there another competitor?

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 2
So,no suggestion?

Should I go to the piston?
What about meelectronics A151 for example? Or RE400 (but these one seems less strong)?

How do they sound compared to my old ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back