Replacement for Denon AH-C710 earphones?
Aug 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bloodbath

New Head-Fier
Just yesterday, the left side of my Denon AH-C710s died.  Don't know what happened to be honest.  Think that sweat may have gotten in it since I was using it while doing yard work.  I was sweating alot, but they worked the whole time.  I took them out, placed them down, and tried to use them later.  That's when I noticed that the left side was messed up.  I do not recall ever pulling them, etc, and there is no sign of yanked/loose cables.  So sweat is all I can think of.

Anyway, I had two questions.  First, does anyone know of the return or repair policy from Denon?  Unfortunately, I do not have the receipt since I received them as a gift.  I haven't had them more than a year so they should still be under warranty.  I looked at their website, but I didn't find any decent info; seems to concern their receivers more than anything.  I really love these so I hope they'll help me out a little.

Secondly, which (if any) other headphones would be good replacements for the c710s?  I'm hoping for the same price range approximately.  Before, I was looking at the JVC FX500 (I chose the Denons over these at the time - heard that the mids were better, little more clear).  Anyway, the Denons seem hard to beat for the price, but I haven't been keeping up with the latest headphones.  So if I can find similar or better sounding headphones at the same price, with a better designed cord hopefully  (the biggest flaw of the C710s - the cord is way too short and always gets tangled), I'd be very happy. 

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back