Replacement for dead Klipsch X10i... what's like them only durable?
Jul 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

moeman

New Head-Fier
New to site--very cool!

I had some Klipsch X10i's that I REALLY liked, comfortable, great sound the only problem is/was not durable. After just over a year of use (averaging about 5 hours a week) one side went dead. (the reinforcing near headphone split may be a contributor).

I really liked the comfort: I listen on airplanes a lot so I need isolation, my hearing is down (wear hearing aids) so I need a set with good sensitivity because a couple of my devices don't have much audio level. I prefer Iphone controls but not a deal breaker. I prefer the wire to hang straight down not wrap over the ear.

If these headphones gave me better use, I'd just buy another pair. But I don't want Klpsch since my research shows their X10i"s and the closest ones to them the X7i's have a crappy durability record. AND Klipsch didn't even return my email exploring options for repair or any other consideration.

I like reviews for the Velodyne headsets but I see they have low sensitivity so they may not be loud enough on my laptop.

The Shure 215's look good but I don't like the wire over the ear.

So ???? I see Monster Gratitudes are on closeout and a good price $79... Ugly and may be heavy in a way that pulls out of the ear.

Thanks in advance,

Moeman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back