Replacement for Carbo Tenore? RE400?
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

loki993

500+ Head-Fier
TL;DR Overall Im looking for a headphone that is on the warm side but maintains good clarity to replace some carbo Tenores. I would like the keep the budget around 100 dollars but could go as high as 200 for something truly great.

longer story:

I was looking at some reviews on the headphone list site because I'm looking for some IEMS to replace my Carbo Tenores.

I like the carbo tenores but I sometime have trouble with the fit and I just think i want a general upgrade.

I like bass so more bass over the Tenores would be nice as Ive always felt they are a bit light on bass for my taster...now what I give up in bass I got back on great clarity so I wasn't too mad about it. However I don't want bass that muddles up the rest of the sound so they have to be relatively clear too.

I was looking on the site and came across the RE400s which seemed pretty good, the only thing he said is the mids can be slightly veiled..which I don't like..he also said they were 79 dollars...well right now on amazon they are 49...which nearly makes they worth trying even if they don't tick all the boxes.

Ive looked on here though and some say they area bit bass light...well my temores are bass light too so if that's the case I may want to pass on the RE400s.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 8
The RE-400 have had some QC issues, often around the cable, just so you are aware. You might also check out the 1More Triple Driver, which ticks off several boxes. Terrific value for the money. Worth a look.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 8
Do the 1 Mores have any fit issues? I had the Monoprice 8320s for a while but I could never get a good deep fit with them because they fit shallow in my ears.
I would not consider the fit shallow. You know, you can also always buy some Comply tips. They will help you get a good, solid, isolating fit almost certainly.

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 8
I would not consider the fit shallow. You know, you can also always buy some Comply tips. They will help you get a good, solid, isolating fit almost certainly.

Yeah I tried them with the monoprices and they helped

So with the 1 mores....would spending the extra hundred and getting the quads make a sizable difference over the triples?

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #8 of 8
The RE-400 have had some QC issues, often around the cable, just so you are aware. You might also check out the 1More Triple Driver, which ticks off several boxes. Terrific value for the money. Worth a look.

I have a Carbo Tenore like the OP and thought about getting the 1more Triple Driver but I worry about putting $100 into an in ear when it seems the cord or the driver slowly gives out over time. Also are they heavier in bass because the tenore was kind of weak to me in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back