Replacement for 1more Triple Driver and RHA ma750
Feb 17, 2017 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gtcharlie

100+ Head-Fier
I have recently purchased both the 1more triple driver and the RHA ma750.   Unfortunately I am returning both to Amazon.  Not because of the sound either produces.   As far as the triple driver goes I love the sound of these headphones.   Nothing to complain about at all.  Unfortunately I find because of the shape of my ears I need to go with a pair of over the ear iem's.  The triple drivers just always feel like they are coming loose.  I then purchased the RHA's which I also really like.   The problem there is the cord.  It is simply just too darn heavy and the plug going into my phone is way to big.   I do a lot of my listening on the move and while the headphones stay put reasonably well the weight of the cord combined with the size of the plug makes this one a no go as well.

Which leads me to my question.  Can people give some recommendations in the around $100 price range which are over the ear with similar sound quality to two headphones I have mentioned?   I used the Shure 215's for years and while I don't think the sound was comparable in quality to these two the fit was perfect.   Honestly I might still be using them but after having the left side replaced twice due to it constantly losing sound I am done with them.    Thanks for recommendations and I am more than willing to do the research if I could just get a good list of headphones that would be options.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 5
  Before you return the 1more, try jvc spiral dot tips if you happen to have them.  They fit really well although they will change the sound signature.

​Honestly I have no problem with the fit of the included comply foam tips.   And the sound is great.   But the weight and length of the cord along with the oversized headphone jack simply don't work for me because of my using them on the go almost all the time.   I am thinking of going with the V-Moda forza metallo and see how those work out.

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't know what you are looking for in terms of sound signature but you might want to consider the Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM.  They are great In terms of fit and the sound is very very competitive in the price range.  You can find that at Amazon from third party sellers or cdjapan.

I'm using them as my rain IEM's with the LZ-A4 being my primary (with your fit issues, the LZ-A4 may not work for you).

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ocharaku-co-donguri-iem

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 5
  I don't know what you are looking for in terms of sound signature but you might want to consider the Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM.  They are great In terms of fit and the sound is very very competitive in the price range.  You can find that at Amazon from third party sellers or cdjapan.

I'm using them as my rain IEM's with the LZ-A4 being my primary (with your fit issues, the LZ-A4 may not work for you).

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ocharaku-co-donguri-iem

​Those definitely look intriguing but I am trying to stick to something easy to return in case they don't work out so I am going to pass.  Wouldn't think it would be so hard to find something in this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back