Replacement Ear Pads for the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s
Dec 29, 2016 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheGiantHogweed

1000+ Head-Fier
I did actually buy 2 original pairs of replacement ear pads from AT but I have always found them a little annoying. Your ears rest against the material covering the driver which seems to get my ears hot. I ended up cutting that material out and using a loop of thick cable to avoid my ear touching the driver cover. This had been a reasonable solution for a few years now but I would like to know if there are any different types of ear pads I could buy that are a different style. Much deeper preferably. I really want to avoid them changing the sound though.

I still have a pair of new and unused original ear pads which I may as well keep in case I decide to sell them but I don't plan to use them unless I can't find a different solution to what I currently do. The material on the ear pads I'm using at the moment seems to have become very fragile and feels sticky to touch for some reason. This is on the material that holds the ear pads on.

The 2 pads on the 3D wing support are also getting a bit worn but I've found a decent replacement here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Headband-Cushion-Pads-for-ATH-AD300-AD400-AD500-AD700-AD900-AD1000-AD2000-A900-/151786608265?hash=item23572fd689:g:IY4AAOSwu4BV1a16

Let me know if there are any suitable ear pads for the AD700s that are a much deeper design than the original pads. From a UK site like Ebay or Amazon if possible. If not, I'll just have to cut and do the same mod with the pair I have spare.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back