Replacement ear pads for Shure Shr840?
Jan 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bcd127

Head-Fier
I bought a pair of shure shr840. I bought them used so the first set of ear pads are pretty much done. Im on the second pair and i know i am going to need some eventually and was wondering if there was anything better? i say this because i've heard of the shure shr440' being better with other ones. I was curious if there was anything better for the shr840's? maybe more comfortable? or should i just go with replacement pads that are made for it?

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 5
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s. 
biggrin.gif

I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 5
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
The SRH440's "better" pads are the ones on the SRH840s. 
biggrin.gif

I've never tried the SRH840s with anything other than the 840 pads and the 940 velours. Both are very comfy. The velours do reduce the bass a little and does something odd to the treble that I didn't like.

Yea. haha. Oh, ew. I may just stick with the 840's

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
just be aware, changing out the pads for something other than the original will tend to change the sound a bit. so if you were satisfied with the original sound and want to guarantee that sound, I'd say get the originals. 

Ohhh. Alright. Well in that case i might just stick with the 840's. I really like the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back