Replacement cables for Sennheiser HD-497's
Feb 17, 2006 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spitzfiya

Head-Fier
I love my HD-497's They helped me through the bad times and enhanced the good times. I love them so much I painted them and scratched designs in them while on "adventures"...and voided the warrenty obiously.

If I could make love to them I would
confused.gif
but I can't...

The problem is The cables keep snapping right near the connectors...I now have one side soddered onto a completely stripped copper plug secured with tape. The other side is barely hanging on so I've taped it onto itself.

They sound fine... acctually 10x better then when i first got them...I'm just worried at some point I wont be able to repair the cables anymore.

I've repared them with sodder about 10 times now...I used to just get new cables by giving London Drugs my headphones with the box and having them send it to Sennheiser...then Sennheiser looks at them, replaces the cable and sends them back...but now I can't do that since the warrenty is void.

Um...Is there anyway I can order HD-497 Headphones cables???? any online store? retailer? anything!!! ahhhhhh I need like 20 of these cables.
580smile.gif

If you can help me Ill send you my first born child.

Dont hate me??!

Feb 17, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 6
you could probably order them at your local hifi shop, or one of the official sennheiser sites

google around, you'll find your way
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
you could probably order them at your local hifi shop, or one of the official sennheiser sites

google around, you'll find your way
smily_headphones1.gif

seconded

Feb 18, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitzfiya
If I could make love to them I would
confused.gif
but I can't...

oh, the things that this obsession makes us say...
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #6 of 6
I had a problem with one side of mine and simply sent an email to Sennheiser technical support (this was in Canada) and got a replacement cable no problem. I think it was still within the warranty period though. I'm sure they'd sell you 1 -- or 20 -- as well.

Good support goes a long way towards customer satisfaction ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back