Replacement cable for V-MODA M100
Feb 16, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #32 of 35
Yeah, I got these (black) in 1.2 meter and I'm impressed by them. The microphonics could be drastically improved, but the bass impact and general sound quality increase was well worth the price. My price was $17 on Amazon, but they arrived late, so I got $5 bucks back. So I got them for essentially 12 bucks.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #33 of 35
  Yeah, I got these (black) in 1.2 meter and I'm impressed by them. The microphonics could be drastically improved, but the bass impact and general sound quality increase was well worth the price. My price was $17 on Amazon, but they arrived late, so I got $5 bucks back. So I got them for essentially 12 bucks.

I agree it does enhance the sound some,  not too much.. but enough I cant make myself use the stock cable any longer, it just... feels like its missing something in the sq

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #34 of 35
I am on my second pair of M-100's. First pair I had modded with Dragon Audio cables. They sounded pretty fantastic with the aftermarket mod. Those were my first pair of headphones that gave me that "holy ****" moment listening to music.

Just did the lifetime upgrade thing and exchanged them for a pair of the wireless M-100's. I have become even more of a believer in the magic of high-end custom cables. I just bought a BTG Q Cable for my Audeze LCD-2's and I am going definitely going to buy some fancy copper for my new wireless M-100's as you can switch to wired mode when they are plugged in. The wireless mode is great for walking around and not having to worry about cable snags etc. But I want the wired option for traveling and long listening sessions. The Audeze's are simply to bulky and not good for mobile use.

DHC makes these cables, DHC Molecule 2.0 which are pretty pricey but if you're a believer probably totally worth it. I'm probably going to order a pair. I just have to recover from dropping $400 on the BTG cables. Once I get them I'll let you guys know if they in fact are worth it.

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #35 of 35
Hi guys!

Sorry for diggin out that old thread but I got the cable this thread is about from Amazon and my M-100 refuse to play on both sides. I have no other Headphone to test the cable.
So just to be clear before I sent the cable back: I can use the cable on the M-100 without modding them? Right? It is not balanced but it should work at least.

I hope somebody still reads this thread and thank you in advance for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back