replacement cable for ue 5 pro
Feb 6, 2009 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

gameboy115

Headphoneus Supremus
heard someone talked about putting tri fi 10 pro cable into ue 5 pro. It basically bring more clarity to 10 pro, is that true?

Anyone know where I could buy a 10 pro cable, except offical site?

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 16
The westone ES Cable is the best cable for these phones. At about 30 bucks it will bring out alittle more detail and abit tighter bass. It worth it plus its a really great cable.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by illini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The westone ES Cable is the best cable for these phones. At about 30 bucks it will bring out alittle more detail and abit tighter bass. It worth it plus its a really great cable.

thanks for your reply. where can i buy it?

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for your reply. where can i buy it?

Gameboy, If you can't find what you are looking for in the Westone online store, or if you have questions, just give Westone a call.

US toll free (800) 525-5071

Their customer service folks should be able to fix you up. If you have detailed technical questions, they might send you over to Dale or Kyle in the Music Products group.

woodsy

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #9 of 16
Yup, Westone ES cable is a darn good silky smooth cable.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #10 of 16
I prefer the U/E custom cables over the Westone and Hearyourself.com (All three are compatable, but only the customs. The SF and TF require mods to fits the customs). I find them to be smoother and more "Tubelike".
Funny thing is, There's a good chance that they're cables are all made by the same manufacturer ( Plastics1)

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the U/E custom cables over the Westone and Hearyourself.com (All three are compatable, but only the customs. The SF and TF require mods to fits the customs). I find them to be smoother and more "Tubelike".
Funny thing is, There's a good chance that they're cables are all made by the same manufacturer ( Plastics1)

me 2. i find the sq of the UE a margin higher than Westone and a lot better than Hearyourself.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 16
I recently purchased and sold the Shure SCL4's but I LOVED the cable. Silky smooth and had a decent weight to it. Just enough to keep it away from my face (unlike the UE one) but not enough to weigh it down.

I have the Superfi 5 EB and am about to purchase the Triple's.

I am very close to ordering the Westone Cable's from Westone but a few of you also recommend the custom cable from UE. Where is that available?

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 16
The custom cable fro UE is availlable from ....... You Guessed it UE !! 36.00 us shipped 2 different lengths 48" and 60" and five difference color choices.
black,brown,clear,beige,white.
Now Remember!!!! The Custom UE cable (Also Westone and Hearyourself.com) is not an exact interchange for the SF or TF cables. the pins are shorter and a mm or two different in width apart so you'll have to mod the custom cable to fit the SF or TF. I have all three cables, (Westone,UE, and H/Y) and I also have the SF5 pro so I have done a direct comparison.

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The custom cable fro UE is availlable from ....... You Guessed it UE !! 36.00 us shipped 2 different lengths 48" and 60" and five difference color choices.
black,brown,clear,beige,white.
Now Remember!!!! The Custom UE cable (Also Westone and Hearyourself.com) is not an exact interchange for the SF or TF cables. the pins are shorter and a mm or two different in width apart so you'll have to mod the custom cable to fit the SF or TF. I have all three cables, (Westone,UE, and H/Y) and I also have the SF5 pro so I have done a direct comparison.

Sorry boomy, I'm an ass... I just found it on the site.. I was looking under universal, lol.

So I see you prefer the custom cable over all the others and mentioned that it was silky and didn't have that "Accordion" effect... I think that's what I'm looking for. I don't mind thick cables at all... I'd rather have it drape nicely and not get in the way than freeze in place as soon as i leave the house when it's under 40 degrees...

Did you mod the custom one yourself? I assume it can't be that hard...

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me 2. i find the sq of the UE a margin higher than Westone and a lot better than Hearyourself.

Now I'm really confused...

mrdeadfolx in Post # 82 here states that the UE Custom Cable is crap but he is the only one...

Should I even bother with the UE custom? In another thread I found out that the new TF's come with a better cable now but I still want to upgrade my SF 5 EB's.

UE Custom's or Westone's? Both get great reviews everywhere except for mrdeadfolx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back