Repairing Senn HD201
May 11, 2007 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mortsnets

New Head-Fier
My HD201 drops the left signal unless I position the cables just so and then if I move at all it's gone again. Is there a way to repair or replace the cables/wires cheaply?

May 11, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 8
In my experience, Sennheiser has excellent customer service. If your headphones are still under warranty, I would suggest that you get Sennheiser to fix (really probably replace) the headphones.
Good Luck
cool.gif

May 11, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 8
It's generally pretty easy to fix these things if you're handy with a soldering iron.

But since you're asking, I'm guessing, you're not?

May 11, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Agree with the previous two posters. If you aren't comfortable doing the work yourself, get help from the Sennheiser warranty or see if someone locally would do it for you (ie a friend who may be more sure of himself). Otherwise, these phones are absurdly easy to take apart and put back together and the wire probably only needs to be resoldered back to its pad.

May 11, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the replies! I'm sure I have a soldering iron somewhere in the garage but my record with diy is consistenly bad, so Headroom has emailed me a copy of the receipt/invoice and I've started the process with Sennheiser. Hope you don't need the original box.

May 12, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortsnets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope you don't need the original box.

The original box isn't needed, just a box to send it to senn in (probably).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back