Repairing/Replcing Denon C751's
Apr 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Duffy1207

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of denon C751's which have just started playing up due to a bad connection in the cable where the seperated left and right cables go into a small plastic shield type thing and then come out the other end as seperate cables, but stuck together if you know what I mean. From the headphones to this said sleeve you can slide an adjuster up and down and from the sleeve to the 3.5mm jack you can't basically, can't post pictures at the moment. The headphones themselves are in fine working order but the connection at this point is loose, because if you jiggle the cable in this area you can get sound to both earphones whreas there is none if you don't. They are OUT OF WARRANTY, and I was wondering where/at what cost I can get them recabled. I know this is a long shot but I feel these headphones have alot of life in them had the cable not given up.

If this is not possible I want a similar yet superior sounding replacement. My budget is about £100 maximium although I don't really want to go above £70

I'm tempted by UE super Fi 5vi's for £65 from play, as I guess this is a limited time offer as the Vi's are currently cheaper than the standrd pair.

Other suggestions I've seen are Atrio M5's, IE6's and IE7's, monster turbines etc. Basically with a good chunk of bass but not overpowering or indeed boomy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I haven't been on Head-fi much recently and hadn't heard of Monster turbines until recently.

Any answers to any of these questions would be helpful.

Thanks. Joe.

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 16
well atm the C751 can be had cheaply, pc world were doing for £50 if you can find a set

as for recabling i think the only option now (other than doing yourself) ,would be to send them off to UM to have them remoulded into customs but that may over stretch your budget

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 16
Depending on your wallet, I'd add my vote to the Atrios or the Turbines.

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well atm the C751 can be had cheaply, pc world were doing for £50 if you can find a set

as for recabling i think the only option now (other than doing yourself) ,would be to send them off to UM to have them remoulded into customs but that may over stretch your budget

Wow yeah, just seen that now, out of stock though, they're recommending the C552's for £65 though
confused_face_2.gif

Any word on the Super fi 5Vi's for £65?
Does the mic cause any problems with ipods s I won't be using them on an iphone or blackberrry like they're designed for, I'd be getting them purely because they're £20 less than the normal ones

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow yeah, just seen that now, out of stock though, they're recommending the C552's for £65 though
confused_face_2.gif

Any word on the Super fi 5Vi's for £65?
Does the mic cause any problems with ipods s I won't be using them on an iphone or blackberrry like they're designed for, I'd be getting them purely because they're £20 less than the normal ones

pcworld reading had at least 10 pairs in shop when i bought mine less than 2 wks ago.
online they all show out of stock! phone your local stores and get them to check.
also , when i bought mine they were priced up on shelf at £69.97, but when at till , the silvers were £99.97 and black £49.97.
good luck
simon

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The website is now showing the silver ones as costing only £9.97 in-store so I suggest printing the webpage out and rushing to your nearest branch with it (just in case they try to charge you more).

£10!!!!! Might have to pop down to my nearest branch!!!

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 16
got to be a mistake!!??
will go and buy remaining stock, if they are a tenner each.

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 16
None left in my store....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back