Repairing Denon C700s
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ncvlen

New Head-Fier
The left 'phone of my much-loved C700s (that I have had about a year) conked out for some indeterminate reason, only working sporadically when the rubber sleeve right under the bud was bent in a certain way. This method no longer works, and I'm tired of feeling lopsided during my commute, so I want to try my hand at rewiring/recabling them.

I'm using a first-gen iPhone primarily, so I'm also thinking of cutting down the cable and getting a Shure MPA or equivalent so that I get back the mic/control capability. Homemade C751s, basically.

Does anyone have any tips before I perform major surgery? I'm okay with a soldering gun, no expert, but I can get by. From what I can tell the earbuds are held together with a healthy dollop of rubber cement

(Oh, the reason I'm not just buying a replacement is because the budget is a little tight at the moment. School just started up again and books are trumping personal electronics on the balance sheet.)

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 2
i've posted a question about recabling the 700 or 751's on 2 head-fi forums with no success (yes, i'm an evil cross poster, but at least I waited some time before reposting in a different forum).

In any case, let me know if you get any help with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back