Repairing Denon AH-C350
Aug 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JayG30

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So someone I know has a pair of AH-C350's. He bought another pair of Denons to replace these. Basically I'm seeing if I can fix them and maybe even have them (free stuff, woot!).

Basically the one ear is out. Wiggling the cord you can get it to work again. So I'm guessing the wire got yanked from its soldering point. I figure if I can get the bud open I should be able to fix them easy.

So the question is, does anyone know how to open them up?
normal_smile .gif

Thanks.

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 2
Well I got them apart. Pretty much came apart how I thought they did, just had to fight the sticky glue residue was all.

Now that I have it open, it looks like the connection points are fine, so not as easy as I hoped. So my only other guess for intermittent sound is a bad/frayed cable somewhere along the line. Re-cable them I guess?

I've never done a re-cable of an IEM. Does anyone have an information for me or anything I should take into consideration? What type of cable I could use to fix them? Obviously I don't want to spend a ton on headphones that really aren't all that special, but having another working pair of IEM's and learning something new in the process would be nice.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back