Repairing a Xin SuperMini 3
Jun 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
I have a Xin SuperMini 3 that's got a loose connection somewhere: if the output cable isn't inserted just right, then I pick up static and radio signals. This started happening after I tripped over my headphone cable five years ago, and the amp has laid dormant since then until I recently started testing it again. It looks to me like something broke off on the output jack. Dr. Xin is, as ever, absent, so there's no way I'll get this repaired by him. Does anyone know what kind of 3.5" jacks he used in his amps? If I replace this one, I'm sure the amp will work as new once again. 

Thanks, 
Jack

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, I'll try that. I've been playing around with the jack this evening and I've got it working (the issue is that the ground in the jack wasn't firmly in contact with the cable plug), but I'd love to fix this for good (I'm hoping to sell the amp, I find it makes only minimal difference to sound quality with either my computer or my ipod). 

Jun 18, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 6
One omamp is an AD8397, the other is bypassed. Part of my problem is that I have pretty poor hearing, so I often just can't hear subtle differences all that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back