repairing a supermini-III
Jul 7, 2007 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted in months. Anyway, I haven't used my Xin Supermini-III in ages (been using the av710's normal headphone out) since some time in the fall I tripped over my headphone cable and jerked the amp a bit . The 1/8" line in jack to the amp had a piece taken off, so my interconnect fits in only a wobbly kind of way, and the slightest alteration of position could cause a short and then one of the channels would cut out until i repositioned the interconnect (because of this, using the amp on the go with my im716s, where they had a much greater effect than with my k240s, because impossible).

Another side effect of this trip was that about four times over a six month period, while wearing my headphones, I heard a very loud cracking noise, the first three times were in the right channel, and the fourth time was in the left. I heard the noise once more when not wearing headphones, and I only then realized that it was coming from the amp (audible but not as loud when I only heard it from the amp, not through the headphones). I suspect that I've caused some minor internal damage.

What I would like to know is whether there is any hope for me getting my amp back any time soon if I send it to Dr. Xin. I know he's working on a new design (if he hasn't released it already), and I gather that he's incredibly slow at the best of times. What would you suggest I do to get the amp repaired?

Thanks so much,
binkgle

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm also unclear about what information I need to give Dr. Xin. What do I send to him? Do I email him first (I've never received a reply from any emails sent to him)?

Three months... I guess I could give him my college address, then.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 5
anybody have an answer?

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 5
I would email him with the subject line having a brief explanation and then send it in. Mark on the outside of the box it needs repair and then wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back