Repair to Klipsh S4's?
Jun 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

m13a8

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody! I'm a first-time poster but long-time lurker here. I have some Klipsch S4's that have some damage. I'll include a picture of what's going on because I'm not confident in my ability to explain it.

Basically, the little rubber part that comes down off of each earbud is starting to split. I was just wondering if this is something repairable or if I'm better off replacing the headphones? They sound fine for now, but I'm worried about these splits causing problems in the future.

If I do end up having to replace them, what has the best bang for the buck under $50ish? I've been looking at Brainwavz M2s and MEElec M31's.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: here's the picture

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 5
The same exact thing happened to my S4i's. I decided to glue the two pieces of the strain reliefs (I think that's what those are called.) back together. That held up for a month and then started splitting again. I glued them back again (this time using Gorilla Glue's version of Super Glue) and they have held for a few months now. I haven't been using them much recently though, and wear and tear is definitely what causes that.

In retrospect, I should have returned them for repair or replacement to Klipsch, as they were still under warranty.

That's what I'd advise, if yours are less than a year old and you have proof of purchase.

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately my S4's are about a year and three weeks old, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to claim them on warranty. Maybe this would be a good opportunity for me to save up and upgrade haha. I appreciate the advice about the super glue! I think I might try that out until I can afford something new.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 5
I may be wrong, but isn't it a 2 yr warranty for Klipsch headphones?

Warranty – United States

Klipsch Group, Inc ("KLIPSCH")  warrants to the original retail purchaser that the earphones shall be free against defects in materials or workmanship in the Product’s earphone external shell or in its earphone internal components for a period of two (2) years, from the date of purchase, if it is properly used and maintained. If this product proves defective in either material or workmanship, Klipsch, at its option, will (a) repair the product, or (b) replace the product, at no charge for parts or labor. If the product model is no longer available and cannot be repaired effectively or replaced with an identical model, Klipsch at its sole option may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back