Repair question
Jul 1, 2007 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

razmalai

New Head-Fier
In a not so graceful moment I broke the plug on my Beyer DT990's (2005 edition) along with the 1/4" adapter.

I'd like to get this repaired and with a 1/4" plug sice that's what I use most often, using a 1/8" adapter when needed.

Any suggestions as far as places to ship the phones to for repair? Or is it better to take it somewhere local (I'm in the Phoenix area).

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

Jul 1, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 5
There are members on here who would do it for you. I suggest you check out the DIY forum and ask for help. Often [AK]Zip does recabling jobs, he may be able to help you.

Jul 1, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 5
If you or a buddy have any technical skills and are willing to try, there are plenty of us here to help walk you through repairing it yourself, including finding a nice high quality jack to your liking. I'm sure you'd learn a bit and appreciate it more
smily_headphones1.gif
just let us know...

To get an idea, i just stumbled across this How-to: Change your headphone's minijack!. As far as aesthetics go though, head-fi has it covered
smily_headphones1.gif

-ruZZ

Jul 1, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 5
If you root around in the DIY forum, you'll find a handful of very capable users. They'll splice on a new plug, add some heatshrink, and it'll be better than before. Take a look at the work some of these guys do and you won't think twice about going to a repair shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back