removing SAA7345 on Philips CD721 player
Jan 7, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 8
Bad URL, seems to have gotten truncated. Try: this
At a guess, it doesnt seem to be just a digital filter, but perform many critical applications in the CDP, such that removing it will cause your player to cease functioning.

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by deuginthesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any way to deactivate the oversampling ?

Yup, looks doable. All you gotta do is look at table 2 on page 6, find the DAC Output register section, determine which mode you are currently in, and change it to the appropriate fs mode. You probably will need to reprogram that section of the uC to 1110, or maybe 0110, depending on if you need i²s or eiaj. Then, since changing the OS will change the analog output, you will want to change the analog low pass filter parts' values to more appropriate ones for 0fs.

Luvdunhill, if he taps the data output right now (whether it be i²s or eiaj), it will already be oversampled data he is getting. Remember, the digital filter is part of this IC, so the current DAC in his player is just tapping the output, but doing no oversampling by itself.

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes. Look at tapping into the i2s signal directly and feed that to a NOS DAC.

Rather than an NOS DAC, I would like to try an tube output stage, as people here know, there are schematics for ECC88 output on the web. Althoug the schematics is for CD723, the CD721 also runs a TDA1545A (SOIC version).
CDM12 mechnics is better than the Eco SL of the CD723, may be the overall result will also be better.

But 1st, I would like top get rid of the SAA bad oversampling.

Thanks for the support guys.

May 6, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 8
How to replace the laser pick-up assembly of your CD player

cd46_dac.jpg

Would cut the connexions as on the picture make the job to get a NOS TDA1545A player ?

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 8
A bit old, but someone has removed this IC? I fried one and need to source this precious thing...
PM' me if any deal in sight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back