Removing Nintendo DS Lite Scratches (How to!)
Jun 28, 2007 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
I just thought I share this here with members who recently were talking about screen protectors. The Nintendo DS Lite comes with a very attractive shiny finish, but it is susceptible to swirl marks and scuffing - especially visible on the darker models. My son recently acquired a fairly good scuff on the front of a black model and I wanted to remove it. I do some plastic work and I use auto rubbing compound to refinish glossy plastic surfaces. My two compounds of choice are Meguires and Turtle Wax Premium Grade rubbing compound. They have extra fine grits, very, very mild. I apply the rubbing compound wet with a cotton cloth and buff even before its dry (works faster). Basically apply and buff until the compound is gone. Using the Turtle Wax compound, I removed the all the swirls and the bad scuff from the DS Lite in about a minute. It's a completely safe process and your unit will shine like new. It's probably what they use when they refurbish units. I hope this helps you guys worrying about your Nintendos. Safe and approved by my happy son!

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 4
Nice! Thanks for the tip! I guess I should be a little more thankful I have a white one instead of a black one--doesn't show as much--but I wanted a black one originally. >< Damn Froogle.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back