Removing Hiss?
May 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ninjax

Head-Fier
I have the Creative EP-630, when I plug them in they producing a very loud, headache inducing crackle and hiss. I really want to get rid of this, what can I buy to do this? Will the FiiO E5 Amp remove my hiss?

Thanks in advance

May 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by joewatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using an external soundcard or USB DAC will go a long way toward improving sound, including removing hiss. It comes from all that EM interference inside the computer.

Thanks, any specific one you recommend?

May 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 14
if its hiss; rather than buzzing, its not EMI at all, but simply an impedance mismatch. there are all sorts of noises inside the average PC, and EMI is definitely a problem, but not always THE problem. I agree though that getting an external soundcard will generally solve such issues. there are some well designed internal cards that are very quiet, such as the hammerfall range from RME, not too cheap, but not so expensive either these days. as for usb dacs I would recommend the ibasso D10; also has optical and coaxial digital connections too, which IMO are far superior to usb.

May 10, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 14
but the USB is still very good on it. it could also be the actual music files, especially older ones. i find that on some of my old/cheap classical compilation CDs there is a lot of hissing.

May 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 14
I have the same problem and opted for the lowest-cost solution: i just run my audio through my fiio E5 (which is also plugged into an AC USB power adapter).

Funny enough, my hiss is greater if i plug headphones into the line out on my speakers than if i plug directly into motherboard audio jack.

May 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem and opted for the lowest-cost solution: i just run my audio through my fiio E5 (which is also plugged into an AC USB power adapter).

Funny enough, my hiss is greater if i plug headphones into the line out on my speakers than if i plug directly into motherboard audio jack.

So you would think that using E5 will reduce hiss from iPhone + IEM?

May 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 14
some ppl have stated they had Less hiss using an E5 with various devices ... as the above poster stated it could be an impedance mismatch some devices are quite particular with whats used with it ... and the E5 could be a better impedance match and then provide a more flexible output from that.

May 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, any specific one you recommend?

Depending on your budget and needs, good ones are iBasso D2 or D10, NuForce Icon Mobile, EMU 0404, Audiotrak Prodigy Cube. Lots more on the market, but those are the ones that give the best price/performace ratio IMHO.

May 12, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #14 of 14
I think the e5 is your best bet as well. Also, for the month of may, mp4nation will take $4 off the e5 with coupon code 3d26a2f75e. I think that makes them the cheapest place to buy (~$16 shipped). Also, their shipping is much faster than dealextreme (in my experience).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back