Removing Clip from Clip+ ?
Jan 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

RASeymour

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone taken off the clip from the Clip+?

This player works well with my iBasso T4. The two are connected by velcro. Taking off the clip would give them a narrower profile and a bit less rocking.

I know that if I remove the clip there's no way of reattaching it (like with the original Clip).

It looks like I'll need power tools but wondering if anyone has actually done it.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 8
You won't need power tools. You can snap it off by hand, or use a pair of pliers. Use a file if you want to take the nubs off, or even a metal nail file if nothing else.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Hulk,

Thanks for the link, after looking at that pic maybe I'll just keep it the way it is.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Looking at mine, it appears all you need to do is obtain a or create a pin punch and gently tap the the pivot pin through the hinge.
The moulded pivot and grip ridge could then be planed back to create a neat slight raised section , no need to try to go flush, unless you want to sand the whole back to create a smooth finish.
The example in the link is truly nasty hatchet job!
angry_face.gif

A few hand to eye skill would help then!

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Well, since it doesn't have line out, its a very good source to use unamp, so the clip is very essential for my needs
biggrin.gif

Want to use with amp ?
Get the smallest 3g ipod nano then, the sound quality improvement is so much vast than amping the clip+ imo.
DiyMod the 3g ipod nano, then get an imod lod, and you are totally set =/

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hulk,

Thanks for the link, after looking at that pic maybe I'll just keep it the way it is.

You're welcome! And I'm with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back