removable cables on my Sennheser HD 650s keep failing
Apr 30, 2016 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

crunchyjoe

New Head-Fier
I'm on my third removable cable for my HD 650s if you count the one that came with the headphones and after only a half a month the connection is starting to fail if the cord is jiggled too much. as I experienced with my first replacement, natural use will eventually just make one driver completely unusable. is this a problem with the fragility of the connection between the cables and the headphones or an internal problem? I'll be honest I didn't treat the cables too well when I first had the headphones and they got snagged on stuff a lot, I also dropped my headphones once or twice on to a carpet, I've opened them up safely before and the small fragile speaker cables near the connection are completely fine. has anyone else experienced this or am I just terrible at taking care of headphones?

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 2
I think you are probably just terrible at taking care of headphones 
L3000.gif

I'm still on the original cable that came with my HD650s 18 months ago and the connections are as solid as they were on day one. I use them for anything up to 6 hours a day, so they have had plenty of use but I am yet to cause them any kind of abuse.

Do the plugs fit tightly? They should be a tight fit. It may be that you've cracked the headphones themselves and the sockets are no longer holding them securely.

Time to break out the magnifying glass.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back