Remote control for computer audio?
Oct 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TobaccoRoad

500+ Head-Fier
Sometimes I'm few feet away from my keyboard when listening to music, so I was wondering if there is some sort of remote control I can use for audio playback for foobar2000. Is there such thing? I just need basic functions like pause, play, previous, next, etc.

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 6
There are programmable remote controller softwares. They usually have built in profile for remote controllers that comes bundled with other products like TV tuner cards or sound cards. They will prolly work with windows media center remote controllers that you can buy by itself.

I'm using a software called uICE with remote that came with my old tuner card since the software has built-in profile for it.
I can browse files, turn off computer, and program it to work with any application, application full sizing, closing, volume control, next track, forward, backward, pause, everything. Only reason I seldom use win7 in my dual boot machine is because uICE does not work with vista/7. lulz...

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 6
If you are ok with windows media center, they sell dedicated windows media center remotes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121003&cm_re=windows_media_center_remote-_-80-121-003-_-Product

If you want to go outside that, look into bluetooth.  As you know many hands free devices use A2DP and part of that bluetooth protocol is a standard control for fast forward, rewind, stop, play, next, back.  So any hands free device paired to your computer (a cell phone remote program is what I use sometimes) can work with any windows program that uses the standard A2DP functionality.

I even have gone geeky enough to pair my Nintendo wiimote with my computers and program my own code for a awesome remote control that lets me use the motion sensing abilities of the wiimote to control my winamp player
biggrin.gif

Im no movie star and I did this in one take with no editing so dont flame for the horribleness of my voice and speech just watch for the content - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viUYjt5so10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back