Remembering those who lost their precious lives...
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #16 of 20
I remember being if third grade (i think) and coming home and watching the replays on the small kitchen television. Of course she had to tell me what was going on, but RIP for the people that have sadly had to go through years of missing children, and friends and family. Of topic, but i think that was a little too safe for the president to be standing behind 3' bulletproof glass. Anyone else think the same?

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #17 of 20
We are all world citizens- please don't forget those who have lost their lives in the War on Terror overseas, civilian and otherwise. I have so much more to say but I don't want to get into politics or my philosophical beliefs...

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #18 of 20
I was born and raised in this City and the memories of that day do not fade--memories I don't often share.  When my wife and I volunteered at the "Pile" two days after 9/11, we both decided that we would never leave NYC, and that one day we would move downtown.  Now, we live a block away from the WTC.  There are families everywhere; the public schools are great; the parks are amazing.  It is as vibrant and wonderful a community as I could ever have hoped.  And that, I think, is the best tribute to those who died and to those they left behind.  Trees grow at ground zero.  Children become adults downtown.  And life continues.  The scars remain--they always will.  But life flourishes down here, which I hope offers some small measure of comfort to those in pain today.

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #19 of 20
Being a canadian it didn't impact me as much. that day school continued on but everywhere in the school the tv's were showing the news. Every class we watched it. Being 9 at the time i didn't know what to think but i was appalled. I really do wish these people and their families well. May the dead rest in peace.

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #20 of 20
I remember that day very clearly, I got into work shortly before 5 a.m. (it would be about 11 a.m. in New York) on that day and turned on my computer at my desk to check my emails. I had my home page set to MSN and when the MSN webpage appeared on my screen there was a huge photo of one of the WTC towers on fire and the other with huge balls of flames seconds after the plane had hit it. I remember first thing I was thinking after looking at that photo was what a cool special effect for a movie that someone was directing. I thought it was a screen shot for a sequel to the movie Die Hard. Then I began to read the headlines in more detail and began to realize that this was no joke. I had tried to click on several of the other links on that page to get more info on the event but all of them were overloaded with heavy traffic. I was shocked and stunned with disbelief that this was unfolding before my eyes. An hour later another employee in my office showed up and the first words out of his mouth to me was have I heard what had happened? I replied yes and we both wondered what was going to happen next. For the rest of the day everyone in our office was glued to a radio at their desk listening to what was going on. Rest in peace to all those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, we will never forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back