remember those free headphones?
Apr 9, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 31
I'm still waiting for mine. After all, they did say wait 6-8 weeks to recieve...

Apr 10, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 31
Was I asleep the day you spoke about this, or was this the Sennheiser earbuds that were being given away with a magazine [rolling stone]?

Apr 10, 2003 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 31
I still think it was all a hoax... oh well, still checking the mailbox daily...
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
People, give it a little time. It's been like ten days.

LOL, blessingx. As you can see already, 4-6 weeks is going to be a loooong time...if they come it will be a nice little surprise. If not, no big deal.

Apr 10, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Was I asleep the day you spoke about this, or was this the Sennheiser earbuds that were being given away with a magazine [rolling stone]?

yeah, those free earbuds...

ill probably forget that i even wanted them by the time i get them, and it will be a nice surprise, lol.

~EO

Apr 11, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 31
yea, i remember i thought about it when i ordered em, 6-8 weeks from then was a little bit before june started. so we can likely expect these (if they come at all) to begin arriving sometime in the middle of may until june. also, i still think its funny that we managed to burn through the "limited supplies" in about a day
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 31
That link's supply running out was hardly just the result of Head-Fi.. Not only was it published in several popular magazines (Rolling Stone, etc) - but it was posted on several "hot deals" forums (AnandTech, Fat Wallet) that make all the users on Head-Fi put together look like a drop in the ocean.

-dd3mon

May 1, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 31
I hate mail-in rebates.

They are just ploys by the companies to make me think I'm saving money. Of course, they prey on people like me who forget things easily and who are also lazy asses. I'm pretty sure it is (private) policy for some companies to withhold sending a rebate unless a customer asks about it 6-8 weeks down the line.

May 1, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #13 of 31
It's all a cruel joke... You're a newb. One day after registering you read a post about free Senn earbuds and you think, hey, fantastic, just what I need. I mean that's why I came here in the first place, I need something for my pcdp cause the cans that came with it stink.

Eight weeks later the buds arrive. You open them with great anticipation and are immediately disappointed. You think to yourself these sound like crap. Crap compared to the Senn 600s, two pair of Grados, three assorted Beyers, two ATs, CMOY, Meta42, MG Head, Melos, two Gilmores (V1 & V2) and the Twinhead you've purchased over the past eight weeks...
tongue.gif

You look at them, disgusted, the only thought in your mind is "what was I thinking, free earbuds ?"...

biggrin.gif

May 1, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #14 of 31
If you read the fine print on rebates, often they state that you aren't even guaranteed to get one even if you meet all the crazy requirements. (I used to work for CompUSA, those bastards...) *shakes head with shame*

TA

May 1, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
People, give it a little time. It's been like ten days.

10 dayz?
eek.gif
eek.gif

no way...gota be longer than that.....
i even forgot about the free earphones thing....felt like it has been a month already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back