Remedy for hearing a constant *peep* in your ears?
Jun 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SawaFish

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks,

I wondered if anybody here experiences or has experienced that you hear a high peeping tone all day long (don't know if 'peeping' is the correct word to use here). It's not that hard but when it's silent it's very evident to you it's there and it won't go away
mad.gif
. And, most important, do any of you know what might help against this as it's very annoying and probably not very good?

Thanks

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 11
It's called tinnitus. Stay away from loud noises, and have a fan on in the background to cover it up. Over time it may go away.

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 11
And also try not to use headphones, earphones, or anything else that blasts sound straight into your ear. It is most likely a mild form of temporary tinnitus caused by prolonged exposure to very loud noise, say, at a concert or in a club.

If it continues for more than a week or two you could make an appointment with your family doctor.

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 11
There are things you can do to lower that "peep", and on rare occasions- get rid of it, but chances are that you may never hear silence again. Learn to live with it, or be annoyed for the rest of your life.

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 11
I've been to the family doctor and had a hearing test. The outcome of which was that I had good ears, no surprise
smily_headphones1.gif
. So now I gotta see some kind of specialized doctor in the hospital for further investigation.

Thanks for the replies, now I know I probably got some sort of tinnitus. Hopefully there's a remedy, it's driving me crazy when I wake up and it's all silent except for that 'peep'.

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SawaFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been to the family doctor and had a hearing test. The outcome of which was that I had good ears, no surprise
smily_headphones1.gif
. So now I gotta see some kind of specialized doctor in the hospital for further investigation.

Thanks for the replies, now I know I probably got some sort of tinnitus. Hopefully there's a remedy, it's driving me crazy when I wake up and it's all silent except for that 'peep'.

Are you absolutely sure it's not environmental?

So many times I thought I had tinnitus, with all manner of whines, high pitched tones and 'peep' noises, and I find out it's just another crappy transformer or some electrical device a few rooms away. Some battery chargers are so loud I can hear them when they're only plugged in and not actually charging anything. Of course, the switch is on, but the other end is connected to nothing!

Drives me crazy!

mad.gif

EK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back