Remanufactured headphones?
Mar 29, 2009 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eclectic

100+ Head-Fier
Just saw a post about ecost. Are these a buy or should they be avoided?

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 7
From my understanding re-manufactured cans are either repaired to NEW status, or just have light fixes to them. I have a pair of HD600 that is re-manufactured and they were practically new (new head band, new padding, and new drivers!). They have absolutely no signs of wear on them at all.

I would buy re-manufactured ones. They are usually a ton cheaper then the phone would be new..

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my understanding re-manufactured cans are either repaired to NEW status, or just have light fixes to them. I have a pair of HD600 that is re-manufactured and they were practically new (new head band, new padding, and new drivers!). They have absolutely no signs of wear on them at all.

I would buy re-manufactured ones. They are usually a ton cheaper then the phone would be new..

I have to ask, how is the vendor/seller making any money if they're putting all new pads and drivers into them?
confused_face(1).gif

and if thats true (I'm not doubting you at all), go for it!
L3000.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Not sure man, I think they only replace what needs to be replaced. But when I bought my HD600, the seller said both drivers where originally blown and Sennheiser re-manufactured them to new condition. That's how I came up with my theory on it... and I hope I was right..

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 7
That makes sense and ecost has good reviews, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back