Reloop RHP-10 - Anyone have experience with these?
Oct 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Kanto

Head-Fier
I found a place where I can get the purple/white ones for $50 shipped (factory refurb but that doesn't bother me too much). I searched the forums but couldn't find much about these. The one major thing I found was this topic:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598379/reloop-rhp-10-xxxl-50mm-drivers-bass-heads-heaven

which gives them pretty rave reviews. anyone else have experience with these that can confirm or deny what that topic says? Also, what's the "large ZO2 cable" mentioned at the end? Forgive me if that's a silly question. I'm an audio noob and I'm just looking for the best sound. Thanks to anyone who helps.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Gonna bump this one last time. I'm considering biting the bullet and buying these if nobody has any other input. The small amount of reviews I've found have been pretty stellar and I love the style.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 11
Managed to snag a new pair of these for $45 (had some cosmetic defects but easily masked and brand new). I'm new to expensive headphones (these are $90 normally and that would've been the most I've ever spent on a pair), but I can tell these are worlds better than anything I've heard before. They have amazing bass and pretty good highs, too. Mids seem a bit recessed but I'm not gonna complain when they were such a good deal. Thinking of doing a full review seeing as how nobody else seems to have any experience with these.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 11
Never heard of them, but after taking a look. They are almost identical to the ATH-m50's. 

A review would be good. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #6 of 11
Reloop RHP-10 = König NRG300 = Numark Red Wave etc all the same phones

Read here and search forums:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611534/konig-onstage-nrg300-dj-numark-red-wave-dj-appreciation-thread

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 11
Modded they're one of the best phones I have ever heard. But they need modding like water to drink, otherwise they sound muddy and way too dark. My mod does not affect the warranty. You can revert it back in just 2 mins ; )

First thing you got to do:

1. Remove the pads.
2. Remove those THICK foams covering the drivers.
3. Take off 2 3 screws in each side of the cups.
4. Open just 1 very small hole in the white fabric in each side of the cups.
5. Throw in the cups some small ball of cotton to eliminate the ressonance.
6. Replace the cable by a pure copper one.
7. Put the pads back.

And you're done.
wink.gif
Enjoy!!

NOTE: 100+ hours burn-in are crucial for them to open up at serious hi-fi levels. Use Drum n Bass. "Noise" does nothing unless you do it for 500 hours or more and I seriously doubt it.

EDIT: 3 screws off in the right side and 3 in the left side plus just 1 very very small hole in the fabric and treble is as detailed as K167 and K701. Just less forward. Rolled off (in a good way). Vocals much clearer. 15% loss on bass quantity, almost unnoticeable. I'm selling the K167's sealed (replaced by warranty). In fact they are sold already to stay with the RELOOPs only. Their bass is second to none, it's like a real 2.1 speaker with an high-end subwoofer in your head. Only problem for me is that they force clamp too much, it hurts my right ear's cartilage after 2 hours. But I can live with that. Have had exactly the same issue with the DENON HP700 for about 2 years when using glasses.

Good luck!  

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 11
^ Subscribed and ready to jump on the hype train
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 11
Also read this, dude: http://www.head-fi.org/t/611534/konig-onstage-nrg300-dj-numark-red-wave-dj-appreciation-thread

Thats about Numark Red Waves and KONIG ONstage, but the RELOOPs have exactly the same drrivers and housing, so you just choose the one that looks better for your personal taste. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
WAYNENUMM, better chechk the SONY XB800 thread, as they blow the RELOOPs out of the water (moddded).

Thanks. If you could provide a link, that would be great (I couldn't readily find it).

Edit: I'm pretty sure you mean this one! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back