Reliable Headphones?
Aug 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dominolo21

New Head-Fier
Hello! This is my first thread on this site, and I am really hoping that someone has a recommendation for the type of headphone that would suit my needs. My family and I travel quite a lot so I really want them to be portable and it would help a lot if they had a case for protection. Another quality the headphones really need is durability, I am pretty clumsy and when I dropped my Beats Solo HD once from my bed, they broke. I know there is no headphone out there that can withstand getting thrown at a wall, but something that won't break if dropped a few times. I listen to rap rock, classical, heavy metal, and dubstep. I don't want the bass to be to overwhelming, I want to feel it but not to much. Also, I can't stand bulky headphones. My Beats that I got for Christmas broke in 1 month, but they looked really nice. So being light and I guess slim, thats a nice feature. Now my family doesn't have a lot of money, we are managing but we still can't spend a lot, so I would appreciate it if there was a pair of headphones for $100-$200, but if it is a bit more and it is REALLY worth it, I will consider it also. Now, I am not an expert with headphones, but I know well enough not to buy any headphones that are "made" by celebrities such as the Dr. Dre Beats, Ludacris Solo, or even Monster and Bose! Thank you very much in advance!

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 2
The Philips Stretch is a super durable headphones that sounds decent.  The V-Moda M80 is also quite durable, but the earcups rest on your ears so if you wear glasses or have sensitive ears you may not like them.  Both are under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back