Reliability of portable amps - Nuforce Icon Mobile in particular
Aug 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

A_Dying_Wren

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy the Nuforce Icon mobile second hand for around 30% off the actual price and supposedly in very good condition (i can check this). The only thing that concerns me is that there is only four an a half months left on the warranty.

Are portable amps in general reliable? Are there reports of Icon Mobiles failing?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 3
I had problems with the battery. NuForce was very responsive with replacing the amp, but I continued to have the same problem. If I didn't listen to it for a few days, such as over a long weekend, the battery went dead. I believe others may have had this same problem. Otherwise, for day to day use, the battery lasted about eight hours.

But, I have been using it work for a DAC with my computer and it works just great. Obviously no battery issues as the USB continually charges it. Others, such Larry the HA have commented on how the DAC function of this amp is probably its strength.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Hmm... Well I don't think I'll be in many cases without my laptop for more than eight hours so I guess that's fine. And its the DAC that I really want so that works out.

Is it fairly robust otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back