Release date for Hifiman-801 high-end amp module?
Apr 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,
What i find confusing though is that the opa627 is listed on the spec page of the hifiman 801 while I dont think it is included as default, or does the standard module also use this opamp?

Yes I think it is a little confusing as well, but the updatet specs are posted in the preorder thread and Fang also confirmed it in the thread about the new IEM amp module:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP275+transistor circuit buffer

So how I understand it, the default board uses the OP275 and the new IEM amp board is using the OPA627.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEllo again, Well if I amgoing to buy this then it will be with the new amp module thats for sure.
I wonder if it is worth it though, upgrading from my sansa clip to the hifiman while i use monster turbine pro copper iems. I have no plans to go custom iem any time soon.
Greetings, Anouk,

Seriously I ordered the Hifiman to go along with my JH Audio 16 pro that I will order on the weekend. I believe it is not worth investing all that money if your earphones do not get the best out of the DAP...As with full sized system you usually change out your loudspeakers first before any other component, so I would recommend going full customs before you orde the Hifiman, but that's just my opinion. I believe that you will have a bigger increase in sound quality if you get new IEM then with a new DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back