Relay in my Schiit USB DAC card clicks every time sound starts and stops.
Jul 17, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 4
Change the DAC to another manufacturer. Schiit works this way.
The older USB DAC card clicked when turned on and that was it but the newer unison USB card clicks every time the song changes or when a video is paused and it's quite infuriating. I have come up with a work around though by playing a 10 hour really low volume track in the background. So low that I can't hear it. No more clicking because the sound is never paused. :)

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Behavior of my Yggdrasil (Unison USB) was, that it clicked every time USB host took control over USB device (DAC) or changed sampling frequency. So, for example, playlist with different sampling frequencies was painful to listen. Otherwise, listening one album with constant bitrate was OK. It can be also affected by the player application - for some reason it can release USB device after every song and take control again with new song?

There is also difference how applications works. In exclusive mode (when certain USB device is not available to other audio sources) it can behave as I wrote, but in non-exclusive the host/device connection should stay permanent, as it is managed by operating system. But I always prefer exclusive mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back