Relaxing/Pure music for studying?
Aug 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As an instant marker, vocal music was really a no-no at all instances although a few soft backing vocals here and their did no harm 

For when I was bored/tired in my studies I'd want music that was uplifting. It should rekindle my interest in the maths infront of me so i'd need music that was fast paced, rythmic but not too interesting or something that needed to be listened attentively to. 

I did read the entire post. Yeah, I don't listen to vocal music as well when I'm studying. Wow, you packed so much great music in an essay form that I have to digest the whole thing little by little. It's a good thing, I mean. Sigh, I just failed Calculus...What mood would I be at this moment? YES! Depress!! Don't you worry, I think Subheim just serve right up.

Quote:
Subheim:  Ybe 76 & Away

I went through what youtube consider top tracks for Subheim: Voces Perdidas, When Time Relieves, Hollow, Hush, Streets, Dusk, Stranded, Away...etc They all saddens me like there is no future, no light, and everything is dead. These tracks are way too sad to hear, but I think I liked those...

Thanks for all the suggestions, and keep them coming. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #18 of 31
Here is a mix that I quite like for playing while working on projects. It might be a bit dark in places but it has it's turns, I really enjoy it.
http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/nicolas-jaar-essential-mix-05

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

I did read the entire post. Yeah, I don't listen to vocal music as well when I'm studying. Wow, you packed so much great music in an essay form that I have to digest the whole thing little by little. It's a good thing, I mean. Sigh, I just failed Calculus...What mood would I be at this moment? YES! Depress!! Don't you worry, I think Subheim just serve right up.

I went through what youtube consider top tracks for Subheim: Voces Perdidas, When Time Relieves, Hollow, Hush, Streets, Dusk, Stranded, Away...etc They all saddens me like there is no future, no light, and everything is dead. These tracks are way too sad to hear, but I think I liked those...

Thanks for all the suggestions, and keep them coming. 

What mood to be in when failing calculus??
Tough question, but I doubt it would be a joyous one!! Naa, sometimes a bit of both, pass and fail, is good in maths. Keeps things interesting I say...

There's plenty of great suggestions in this thread I agree. I was going to say brian eno too like the poster above but, you know what, I find quite a bit of his stuff a bit annoying. It's just too plain and monotonous getting to the point of being annoying. Sorry, it might just be me as I get annoyed by constant hummings of various functioning electrical equipment around the house so I don't want similar stuff in my music!

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:
Thanks for all the good music, wow there are so many out there. PM me your list if you have more. Emancipator & Brian Eno are the kind I'm looking for, please share more of those. :D

For a similar sound as "Emancipator"  check out  "Bonobo"  Start with Albums: "Dial "M" For Monkey" and "Days to Come."  

Other notable artists for downtempo/midtempo groovy electronica include: "Thievery Corporation", "Ratatat" and "Nightmares on Wax"

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #23 of 31
Typically when I'm studying I find that vocals distract me, and even worse while I like classical music it rarely keeps me focused for subjects like math.

I found a great group called The Vitamin String Quartet that I found to be a good balance for when I need to study.  They're an instrumental group that takes albums from popular rock bands like Atreyu, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Aerosmith, etc and recreates that band's entire album.  Even a really pumped up, fast paced song sounds smooth and relaxing.  This group has been great for me, especially when writing essays.  Hope it can help you.  
normal_smile .gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 31
That honestly might be cool. I'm not a big fan of any of those bands, but I love instrumental reimagine-ings of stuff like that.

Quote:
Typically when I'm studying I find that vocals distract me, and even worse while I like classical music it rarely keeps me focused for subjects like math.

I found a great group called The Vitamin String Quartet that I found to be a good balance for when I need to study.  They're an instrumental group that takes albums from popular rock bands like Atreyu, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Aerosmith, etc and recreates that band's entire album.  Even a really pumped up, fast paced song sounds smooth and relaxing.  This group has been great for me, especially when writing essays.  Hope it can help you.  
normal_smile .gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #25 of 31
 It depends what I am studying, but these are two of my favorites-
Deep Breakfast by Ray Lynch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUmXFv7XwAE
Still Life (talking) by Pat Metheny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3rjNHDi6Fg
-Mike

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 31
Two artists you could try are KIWAMU and Shingo Nakamura.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back