relaxing iems!
Feb 3, 2013 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vincentistan

New Head-Fier
does anyone know which kind of sound signatures are the most relaxing? like for sleeping on the bus after a tiring day and you can just relax and enjoy the music :) some iems are very good but seem to be to painful and bright on tired ears

also any iem reccomendations?

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Heya, what's your price range like?

A relaxing sound signature, to me, is warm (with some bass tilt), has highs which are laid-back (a splashy or sparkly treble tends to be too 'sharp' for me to relax sometimes) and lush mids which are neither too forward nor too distant (otherwise I have to strain to appreciate them).

The Sennheiser IE80 (about $270 from amazon.de) is my most relaxing sounding IEM, although the Klipsch X10 isn't bad either for second place.

For sleeping on the bus I'd recommend the X10, $100ish on amazon and very, very comfortable with great isolation. Good luck.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 5
A relaxing sound signature, to me, is warm (with some bass tilt), has highs which are laid-back (a splashy or sparkly treble tends to be too 'sharp' for me to relax sometimes) and lush mids which are neither too forward nor too distant (otherwise I have to strain to appreciate them).

^What he said, but I'd also add some more characteristics; relaxing IEM won't smack your face with details and non-congested soundstage.

I'm using Shure SE215 as my designated IEM for relaxing or long listening sessions. I'm also hearing good things about TDK BA200's ability to provide that "relaxing" feel.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 5
The IEMs with relaxing soundsignature(warm or neutral, detailed but not bright) like ADDIEMs, Klipsch Image X10, RE0, RE_ZERO, RE272, V-Moda Remix, Sony EX85, and EX600 are recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back