Relax.
May 18, 2004 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Hajime

1000+ Head-Fier
Maybe it's this time of year that gets people riled up. Maybe it's world events that have got peoples' stress and anger level at an all time high. Whatever it is, it is unnecessary. I am writing this post because, as of late, I have noticed that people in general are full of anger these days. This is especially present in these forums where people tend to vent their frustrations to the world; hoping, perhaps, that by taking their anger out on others maybe there will be someone more hurt than they are out there. Acting in such a discourteous, brash manner; always on the offensive; looking for the next fight, it doesn't help anyone. I ask that all of you please stop, step back and just focus on something else for a little while. Focus on something other than what upsets you until you are able to approach it in a calm, civilized manner.

Myself, I use music to calm me. I also talk to my girl a lot. I believe music is a great way to have one’s emotions triggered without any harmful action having taken place. Music triggers our emotions, it draws us in, and it distracts us from the troubles we have to face or motivates us to face them in a heroic manner. Next time you feel like being on the offensive and acting abrasive towards another person try listening to music and relaxing. It’ll help you, and it’ll help those around you. Relax.

May 18, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 20
good advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

that being said. go lakers.
cool.gif

May 18, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Are you suggesting that everyone not step OUTSIDE for fresh air so often?
evil_smiley.gif

Perhaps we should stay INSIDE a bit more, as there is some fantastic music to be heard.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Nah...not if you live with a couple of other guys with strange food and...um...un-food...ejection habits
tongue.gif
LOL

fart.jpg

May 18, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
what's the white stick on the bed for?

wink.gif

May 18, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
good advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

that being said. go lakers.
cool.gif

Talk about something that will get people riled!!
icon10.gif

May 18, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #10 of 20
I have to wonder if there's a full moon or something...

I started a thread a while back, basically to poke fun at the "Rock Against Bush" CD. I mean, to me, a bunch of musicians who think that they have any business telling ANYONE about politics to me is crying out to be made fun of. Then I go away for a day, and the thread is locked?? Of all the threads to get locked, this one?? What??
confused.gif

While I do otherwise on occasion, MOST of my posts are at least somewhat tounge in cheek. I agree that we need a good deal more humor on the part of some folks, probably me included at times. Maybe I need to put a disclaimer in my signature??

May 18, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 20
The first thought that comes to my mind is lack of sex & companionship from a member of your preferred gender. Snuggle therapy has done wonders for me, I highly recommend it.

May 18, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 20
[size=medium]Relax?! Relax?!?!?![/size]

[size=small]Don't you tell me to RELAX, dammit!!!! ARRRGGGHHH, that makes me so damn MAD when people tell me what to do!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
[/size]

D.

p.s.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

May 18, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Anyone else having finals but me?

You said it. I have mine in about two weeks.

But I think the end of the school year is just stressful in general. Summer is coming up, school is ending, sox and cubs are dueling it out...people just get excited.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Dan

May 18, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 20
I just had my US History and Algebra II finals today, tommorow is English 11 and Chemistry, then on Wednesday i have Art and Spanish II... : Sigh :

It is 10:30 right now and i have been studyign since 4:00 ..... i just took a break to see if i still have my vision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back