Relatively inexpensive, commercially produced LOD?
Jan 8, 2010 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zhenya

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any commercially produced LOD available for say, $50 or less? I don't need anything made from fancy connectors or wire, just something properly built that will last in a portable environment.

Last year I purchased a LOD from a well-regarded member here, but after less than 3 months it was malfunctioning, and that member, despite offering a '3 year guarantee' is now MIA. I'm not inclined to buy another DIY product unless there are truly no other options.

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks. All I see on their site is something that looks kind of like the Sendstation pocketdock which gives both usb charging capability and mini-to-mini line out. I'd prefer a single device, if possible.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks! The Fiio one looks great. Anyone know if it is available from any retailers in the US other than through ebay? Head-Direct is listed as a Fiio dealer, but they don't seem to carry it, although they do have another option for $30 (and is iphone compatible - another requirement I forgot to add).

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 11
Yes, thank you. That looks like who I will be buying from, although I was hoping to find a dealer in the US.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 11
was about to suggest the ibasso one as well. i think it goes for 30 before shipping?

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 11
I was going to buy the ibasso cableless ipod LOD for $15 until I put it in the cart and shipping was an additional $22.
eek.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 11
Good to know. Anyhow, I ordered the FiiO from the above seller. $10 shipped, and it's super low profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back