Relatively cheap IEMs for the holidays...
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 20
I was referring to the ER6, not ER6i. Like I said I think I may not have got a good seal on those, but they sounded rather crappy when I was testing them out.

Why not test the ATH-CK7s too? I think they're a pretty decent set, and I paid a lot less for them than either a Super.fi 3 or an ER6.

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #17 of 20
Looking at Amazon, the ATH-CK7s are more expesive than both the Supers and the Etys...
I think I'm leaning towards the Super.Fis. A couple questions... for super.fi 3 studio users, have you tried wearing them in the "modified" position (Ultimate Ears - super.fi MOD)- just wondering, this looks more natural/comfortable. Also, is there a difference between the super.fi 3 Lives that radioshack sells and the regular 3 studios, other than the color?

One other model to throw out there for you guys- the Shure SE110s- they're a little more, but Amazon seems to be discounting them pretty heavily right now (they run anywhere from 65-85 bucks, with the prices seemingly changing every day). Are these worth the extra money? How does their sound compare to the UEs?

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-dizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at Amazon, the ATH-CK7s are more expesive than both the Supers and the Etys...
I think I'm leaning towards the Super.Fis. A couple questions... for super.fi 3 studio users, have you tried wearing them in the "modified" position (Ultimate Ears - super.fi MOD)- just wondering, this looks more natural/comfortable. Also, is there a difference between the super.fi 3 Lives that radioshack sells and the regular 3 studios, other than the color?

I wear super.fi 3 with the mod, and the fit is light years better for me than it was in the original position, if it wasn't for the mod I probably would've returned them since I just could not get a good fit at all in my left ear and seal is everything with these.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-dizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everybody, the holidays are coming quick, and my old Sony Fontopia buds are starting to look a little long in the tooth. Last time I posted here you convinced me to pick up some Senn PX100s- which I LOVE- but now I need some IEMs, as my open PX100s don't isolate much at all when I travel.

I'm looking for some IEMs that are $80 or under. I listen to mostly rock and derivatives of rock, in addition to some electronica. My source is a Zune 30. I've been looking at some Super.Fi 3s, Etymotic ER-6is, or some V-Moda Vibes.

Anything I'm leaving out? What are the differences between these models? Personal suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
B-DIZZLE

Check ovc tc20

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back