Reject retro introduction.
Sep 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

8064r7

New Head-Fier
Just like to say to everyone and thank the community for all the great content everyone creates to help all the search engine lurkers. Since I'm taking a break still from my other project (rebuilding a classic mazda), I figured I'd take a long look at getting back into the consumer side of signal processing. I sadly have very unrefined ears to a lot of the subtleties of enjoying hi-fi listening but I do have a soft spot for reverse engineering, soldering, coding, and cable building. I hope to do some more research and review things as I come across them that peek my interest.

The only question is if someone could direct me to the corner and straight jacket all minidisc lovers are required to wear around here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Welcome to Head Fi!  

Having been a regular visitor for years, I find that there is still plenty for me to
learn.  Changing interests and music -- and of course new gear -- keeps things interesting.

With your interests in getting into the guts of things,  well, it sounds like you're a perfect
candidate for this place.  :)

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 6
My occupation keeps it heavily invested in signal processing and radio wave propagation, so I'm hoping to dig around and then maybe throw some designs out there in the diy sub forum. I have a fpga, Sony receiver, and viao laptop lying around that I'm tempting to start modifying into one audio appliance.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 6
Well I actually have a nice contribution to go post over in the Android USB DAC thread now that I got my Nexus 7 usb and running with a hot-pluggable dac (Paranoid Android 3.99, Lean Kernel 2.2 (for 4.3 only), and the instructions from an easily searchable thread over on xda (not sure if etiquette allows me to hotlink off the forums to another forum).

Hopefully my CCNA class won't totally kill me next week and I can find time to start zeroing my fpga and writing some initial audio code for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back