Regional Meet in the Raleigh, NC Area?
Oct 31, 2007 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Packgrog

500+ Head-Fier
I did a quick search through this forum, and it doesn't look like there's been a regional meet in the Raleigh area for over a year now. Noticing the fall NYC meet thread makes me a little depressed, since I JUST made a trip up there this past weekend (I moved to Raleigh in August), and really have no desire to make the drive again any time soon. I'm hankering for another meet! I haven't been to one since finally getting my little Altoid Tin Monica 2 DAC, and I'm dying to do some comparisons with other DACs!

So is anyone in the Raleigh area interested in trying to set up a decent sized meet? I really don't have much "special" gear to contribute beyond the Monica and my Future Sonics Atrio m5 for whomever is curious, but I'd gladly contribute.

Anyone? Beuller?

-Packgrog

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 41
I'm watching... There was a meet where many people got sick or held back from in September. I'm still looking for a good meet to try new headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250727

Try posting there to get attention from the NC crowd.
smily_headphones1.gif
drubrew has the gear that gets people drooling. If it does happen, I can bring an iMod with portable vCap dock and Corda Move. My only headphones will be the KSC-75 and the UE-11 Pro which are different in pretty much every way except that they are portable, low impedance, and and produce sound.

Its all about the equipment you can gather when it comes to attendance. I'll look forward to seeing if anyone steps up, I haven't heard many non-IEM higher end phones yet.

Dec 6, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm watching... There was a meet where many people got sick or held back from in September. I'm still looking for a good meet to try new headphones.

WANTED: Mseed SPIRIT / PORTA CORDA - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Try posting there to get attention from the NC crowd.
smily_headphones1.gif
drubrew has the gear that gets people drooling. If it does happen, I can bring an iMod with portable vCap dock and Corda Move. My only headphones will be the KSC-75 and the UE-11 Pro which are different in pretty much every way except that they are portable, low impedance, and and produce sound.

Its all about the equipment you can gather when it comes to attendance. I'll look forward to seeing if anyone steps up, I haven't heard many non-IEM higher end phones yet.

Sorry, just saw this. I live just below Charlotte and would love to attend a Carolinas meet. Building a new house -- so depending on the date, my schedule can be tricky for getting away.

If we do get together, I'd love to hear other high-end offerings and some of Drew's goodies. Here's what I now have to contribute to the meet...

K1000s hardwired with Moon's latest Silver Dragon (sweet!)
Red Wine Signature 30 amp (waiting to finish the house prior to upgrading to 30.2, which according to 6Moons is an absolutely incredible upgrade!)
Wadia 830 CDP, with factory upgraded double power supply
ACI Force XL sub (which I can bring if there's an isolated listening area)
Couple high-end ICs (Oritek X-2 and Hudson Audio 8-wire all silver with Eichmann Silver bullet connectors)

If you have high-end gear (K1000s / electrostats / balanced or audiophile tube headamp / or audiophile 2ch stereo or HT), and live in the Charlotte area, feel free to drop me a PM. Maybe we can get together for a micro meet. I also have Compact Hemps (single drivers) which are also worth a listen if you've never heard Omega's new Hemp drivers.

Best, Kent

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 41
wow, thats amazing, you have the equipment for sure. If it were to happen before new years I can bring:

iMod, portable vCap dock (getting a brand new one again), LISA III, KSC75, UE11, and possibly some HD650, its a likely possibility. I only have the top in portable.
frown.gif
I would be ecstatic just to hear some K1000. Doubt even the LISA III which is probably the most powerful portable amp (don't know about the rudistor) could power those hardly.

When our equipment combine though, we sure do make a team in high end portable and then high end desktop. I'm sure somebody in NC has some equipment they'd like to try with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I may even plan a trip to charlotte to to see that setup and to visit friends.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 41
I'd love to come to a meet. I haven't been able to go to one yet. I'm coming home to Chapel Hill on Monday and will be there until sometime in January. I could bring my April Music Aura Note and Cardas recabled HD600s.

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok well, i'd be willing to organize something since I haven't met the NC crew yet either.

What sort of timeframe are we looking at here...do we want something in Jan?

Typically is takes a month or so to get people's interest, find a room, etc.

I recommend we shoot for late January at the earliest. Again we’d need to find a room prior to getting too serious on dates. Also should see how interested Drew is in participating given we’re in his backyard.

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typically is takes a month or so to get people's interest, find a room, etc.

I recommend we shoot for late January at the earliest. Again we’d need to find a room prior to getting too serious on dates. Also should see how interested Drew is in participating given we’re in his backyard.

True, early Jan is a bit of a stretch. I've got a buddy who works for Mariott here in Chapel Hill so I can see about a room (might have to pay, but it would be "friend rates").

Shall I start an official Meet thread for this? How many people typically come to NC meets? I can pick out 2 weekends and post a poll as well.

Dec 6, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #12 of 41
Alright, I'm going out tomorrow with my friend...I'll ask about a possible room and costs, availability...etc. I've seen the smaller room (probably large enough for our needs)and it's nice.

Once I find out about availability I'll post a thread with a poll for dates...probably 1/26/08 or 2/2/08 unless I hear otherwise from people.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #14 of 41
I'd probably vote more for Feb 2, simply because I'm supposed to be closing on a new house on Jan 18th and might still be in the middle of moving on 1/26.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd probably vote more for Feb 2, simply because I'm supposed to be closing on a new house on Jan 18th and might still be in the middle of moving on 1/26.

It wouldn't bother me at all, I will be racing to burn in a new vCap dock and RCA interconnects (probably Grover SC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back