Reggie Bush Won!!
Dec 11, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #31 of 39
the problem with comparing to USC is that almost everyone plays close games with USC; UCLA, Cal, Stanford last year, Fresno, Arizona St, Oregon and Notre Dame this year; and there are more i cannot think of at the top of my head. my comment was directed at the last game ND played, when they had to steal the win from Stanford (a sub 500 team). frankly, when it comes to bowl games i tend to count games later on in the season as more important. And, they lost to Michigan state.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Well people were saying the same thing about UCLA for two weeks, and look how that turned out. People also said the same thing about Oklahoma last year, and look how that turned out. USC knows how to play a championship game, because they've done it before (sure UT played the Rose Bowl last year, but nobody outside of Austin and Ann Arbor cared about that game). My point is that USC knows how to step up for important games, while UT had problems getting by A&M. Give Pete Carroll a month to prepare, and he'll find a way to get it done. Texas would not have nearly as high a scoring average as they did if they played in a different confrence, and played a harder non-confrence schedule (not to mention running up the score in games that were over at halftime).

No one from the Pac 10 should be able comment on the strength of other conferences. The Pac-10 is a joke. (see last year when the 4th team in the big 12 beat the 2nd in the pac-10 handily). Every team besides USC is overrated in the pac-10.

I really like Pete Carroll and his ability to prepare his team. I think UT will have a lot of trouble playing USC. USC's experience will go along ways. I'm not sure how this month off will affect the younger impact guys on the team (mainly at the RB position). I completely agree that USC has a much better coach than UT.

UT had trouble with A&M because A&M completely changed their offense for that game. Both teams had 2 weeks to prepare for the game (because it was a Thursday game), and A&M installed an option offense. That makes game planning/practicing pretty worthless for UT. Thankfully we won, but that game is not indicative of the Rose Bowl. USC will not recreate their offense for the Rose Bowl (... they don't need to). I don't think the A&M game means anything. UT will show up on Jan 4th.

I've been to every Texas Home game and 2 away games, and when its a blow out, Vince Young leaves the game after the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Thats not running up the score.

IronDreamer... We're from opposing schools; odds are we will never agree. I wish you and your team the best of luck in the Rose Bowl (you're going to need it hopefully
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #33 of 39
I also take back my OSU comment BC i don't remember them that well, but as for the pac 10 being a joke....(as said above), i have to admit it's sometimes true, few doubt UCLA this year as getting away with playing poor teams. As for Berkeley: they got too much credit for that loss to USC last year and blow out wins against teams like Air Force. I sorta knew what would happen when they almost lost to Southern Miss, even in that blow out win against stanford the week before there was mumbling in the crowd about Cal being too high in the BCS standings. And to add to the defense: Texas Tech's offense is weird!
I'll see how Oregon does

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
I've been to every Texas Home game and 2 away games, and when its a blow out, Vince Young leaves the game after the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Thats not running up the score.

Didn't Vince leave after the first few plays during the colorado game
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #35 of 39
Notre Dame is overrated. 9-2 with the 60th ranked strength of schedule.
Ohio State is 9-2 with < 6 strength of schedule. I don't see how you can be "overrated" when you have aforementioned SOS, and the 2 teams you lose to are #2, and #3
rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #36 of 39
as i said above......
but i stand behind my ND comment

Dec 13, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #37 of 39
I hate USC (Bruins fan), but I would be surprised if USC beat Texas by less than seven points. Texas was not particularly strong against Ohio State away and this is essentially an away game for Texas.

USC is much better than Ohio State...

-Matt

Dec 13, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #38 of 39
I hate USC (Bruins fan), but I would be surprised if USC beat Texas by less than seven points. Texas was not particularly strong against Ohio State away and this is essentially an away game for Texas.

-Matt

Dec 13, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27

-Matt

A Bruins' fan eh?
Were you one of those people who thought that UCLA had a glimmer of hope?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back