Regarding the hifiman he-400 cable and the nut (golden screw at the end)
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mindflayz

Head-Fier
Hello. I have a pair of Hifiman HE-400 and I also got a replacement cable worth around 150 euro by itself, the thing is that the gold nuts (that screws the cable stuck to the headphones) are lost.

How can I solve this problem? I want to use my upgrade cable, but I cant get them contacts to stick to the drivers.

Can I buy new gold nuts? Can I solve it by other methods? And if I can buy this nut/screw, where can I buy it? Thanks alot guys.

3-5mm-5N-OCC-Silver-Plated-Copper-Cable-For-HiFiMan-HE400-HE5-HE6-HE300-HE560-HE4.jpg

(The mutter/nut at the end of the red and black-connectors)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 7
The nut is not supposed to come off the connector, so the connector is faulty and will need replacing. You can't just replace the nut.

You'll need to find someone to solder a new connector on.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 7
It is the correct cable, I've used it earlier, just lost the screws on the end of the cable.

As I said the cable needs the connectors replacing then, as you can't just replace the nuts.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 7
As I said the cable needs the connectors replacing then, as you can't just replace the nuts.
Damn it, are you sure? Is there no other smart way to make the cable stick to my headphones (hifiman he-400)? Everything is working fine just that i cant get them to stick together, tried tape but it did not help for long.
I don't wanna replace the connectors because I'm ****ing horrible with electronic and would probably just destroy the cable.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Damn it, are you sure? Is there no other smart way to make the cable stick to my headphones (hifiman he-400)? Everything is working fine just that i cant get them to stick together, tried tape but it did not help for long.
I don't wanna replace the connectors because I'm ****ing horrible with electronic and would probably just destroy the cable.

Nope, there's no other way I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back