Regarding Clip+ and Rockbox: File Limit Restrictions?
Jan 23, 2011 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Just Some Guy

New Head-Fier
I have a question about Rockboxing a Clip+.

I have a 32 GB card in it, with 6570 songs, and the internal memory has 1126 songs. Together that's 7696 songs. But the Clip+ itself, even after rescanning the player and the card, only lists 5544 files. That's 2152 songs that aren't being displayed, played or listed anywhere on the device.

I've been told there is some sort of internal list on the Clip+ that has a limit as to the number of files it can store. Does Rockbox remove this cap, and would it allow full access to all songs? I've looked this matter up on the Rockbox site, but I can't find an answer on their FAQs or their wiki. Other sites I've asked either yielded no replies at all, or vague half-answers.

I was hoping someone here might know from their own experience with a similar setup.

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 5

This is within the General Settings -> System menu
"

8.5.4  Limits

This sub menu relates to limits in the Rockbox operating system.
Max Entries in File Browser. This setting controls the limit on the number of files that you can put in any particular directory in the file browser. You can configure the size to be between 50 and 10,000 files in steps of 50. The default is 400. Higher values will shorten the music buffer, so you should increase this setting only if you have directories with a large number of files. "   Hopefully this is the solution to your problem

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 5
It says 'in any particular directory", which doesn't sound like it applies to the full library on both the player and the card. If I increase it on the main directory for both, would that solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back